During COVID-19 most businesses are now relying on online exposure to reach their audience and continue to make sales. Online platforms are a great way to reach your target audience, but navigating them can be overwhelming and confusing. The goal for Crystal Peak Design’s clients is to ensure they appear in the top search results organically (which is free) versus paying to be found. If you’re not sure how to do this or would like to learn more about SEO, give us a call at 719-593-9112. In the meantime here are a few suggestions to help you reach more clients online:
- Establish a website and follow Google’s rules. If you don’t have a website, now is the time to start one! Make sure it’s built with a responsive format, includes a blog, has internal links that will draw search engines throughout your site (which will help with your online ranking) and use 500 to 800 keywords per page. If your website was built more than three years ago, now is a good time to update it so your information is current and it adheres to Google’s latest guidelines.
- Increase your online footprint. Make sure your business is seen by those searching for your services!You can do this by creating a Yelp profile, a BBB business listing, a LinkedIn company page, a Facebook business page, an Instagram account and by asking friends and customers to review you on Google Reviews. These platforms are free to use and have the potential to reach thousands of new clients. When creating your profiles/accounts, build them out as thoroughly as possible and create a schedule to post/interact regularly.
- Create a YouTube channel. Most people are visual learners and are more likely to remember things they see than things they hear or read. By creating a YouTube channel, you’re establishing another place for new clients to find you. Post 2-3 minute videos that provide your target audience with helpful suggestions or information related to your industry; highlights of your business and what makes you different; and resources that will support customers. Keep it short and to the point and if possible, include graphic visuals that help explain your message.
- Post recommendations and suggestions to help your clients. A great way to show that you care about your clients is to offer them free resources and support. Write and post articles on your website’s blog and share those articles across your online accounts (listed under #2). Create a posting schedule that works for your business, posting a couple times a month or, if possible, every week. Consider including a “Special Offer” in each post that will provide readers an incentive to act now versus later.
- Monitor your online reputation. You may not have built a “Review Page” on your website but one of your past clients might have done it for you. If you don’t already have one, create a review page on your website so clients can offer you feedback. You can “claim” a review page that someone else created for you by replying to all the reviews left on that page. This is a great way to clear up any misunderstandings and prevent negative or inaccurate reviews from hurting your business. A negative review can cause an immeasurable amount of financial damage to your business so you can’t afford to let it sit there. Be kind and honest, apologize for any inconvenience caused, and provide the reviewer a way forward. This will show your commitment to doing right by your customers.
By following these five tips, you will increase your online presence and your potential customer base. Listing your business on a variety of platforms increases your online presence, making it easier for search engines to find you. Google takes more than 200 factors into consideration when it comes to organic search engine rankings. If you’d like more information about ways to get your business to the top of search results organically, give us a call for a FREE phone consultation at 719-593-9112. We look forward to hearing from you!